Search This Blog

8 January 2014

The Flawless Miss Lawson

It was not the food that excited me whilst watching the new Channel Four show, The Taste. Oh no, it was the absolute sheer perfection that is Nigella Lawson. 

Glossy nude lips, seductive smokey eyes, long lashes, a cleavage enhancing dress... This is a woman who knows what suits her, and boy does she rock her look.


There was one thing that particularly struck me though - her FACE. I demand to know what foundation that woman uses! Not a blemish in sight and matching her porcelain skin tone perfectly, it was flawless

I've long been on the hunt for the perfect face base and for me, colour match is key. It's not that texture and formula aren't important - they are - but buy the most expensive formulation in the wrong shade and it will never look good.

We've all seen it, and most of us have probably been guilty of it at some point in our make-up wearing lives: Yes, I'm talking Orange Face. Orange Face does not make you look tanned, it just makes you look cheap. Fact.


If Nigella were to offer advice on such things, here's what I'm guessing she'd say: 

1. One's face should always be the same shade as one's neck. 

2. One should not sport a line where one's face ends and one's ears begin.

3. One should not leave orange marks on one's collars. Eugh. 

For her foundation alone, Nigella is a lesson to womankind and I, for one, am definitely #teamnigella.

Love,


Miss Mojito

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment